To recognize student leaders in Anne Arundel County high schools for their accomplishments and to provide them with the opportunity to meet with successful leaders and each other to foster additional growth in leadership skills. After being accepted into and participating in the Kevin E. Reichardt Foundation Leadership Program, one student each year will be recognized with the Kevin E. Reichardt Leadership Scholarship, which for 2014 will be in the amount of $4,000.
The Kevin E. Reichardt Foundation Leadership Program (KRFLP) offers leadership development and training for high school students from across Anne Arundel County, as well as college scholarship opportunities for graduating seniors. The program is open to all students who are at least 16 years of age or will be juniors or seniors in the upcoming school year.
- To prepare future leaders for ethical and responsible citizenship
- To connect youth leaders from different backgrounds and with different areas of interest with each other and with current leaders in the business, government, and not for profit sectors
- To energize AA County youth by providing development opportunities and rewards for excellence
Student Leaders will be invited to at least one workshop with business, civic, and international leaders in a small group (less than 30 participating students) to include presentations by the leaders referenced above, a question and answer session, and a moderator-led discussion among the Student Leaders. The first workshop will take place on October 26th, 2014 in Annapolis, MD.
A typical Leadership Program class includes up to 30 Student Leaders. All students attending a public or private Anne Arundel County high school – or an Anne Arundel County resident attending high school in another County – are eligible to participate. Students must be at least 16 years old by July 1 of the program year or at least entering their junior year of high school in the fall of their program year. The class is also open to graduating seniors. Students come from throughout Anne Arundel County, representing a diverse variety of communities.
Applications for inclusion can be submitted in hard copy or online. Hard copy applications must be postmarked by September 30th, while online applications will be accepted until October 10th. Students for the program are chosen through a careful selection process that includes the following considerations:
- Complete application and essay
- Academic Record
- Letter of Recommendation (from an academic affiliate (principal, counselor,teacher or administrator) or from an individual representing a community agency, organization, religious institution or employer with whom the candidate has been associated.
- Personal Interview – Some qualified finalists may be contacted for a brief telephone or in-person interview. The interviews are conducted by Reichardt Foundation Board members.
To apply for the Kevin E. Reichardt Foundation Leadership Program via our online utility, click the ‘Apply Now’ button found below. NOTE: HARD COPY APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED BY SEPTEMBER 30TH, WHILE ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL OCTOBER 19TH. To download a hard copy of the application, click HERE, complete the application, attach the required documents, and mail the package to Kevin E. Reichardt Foundation, PO Box 6055, Annapolis, MD 21401. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org